The mission of the F.B. Woodley Elementary School is to provide a safe and nurturing learning environment, which embraces diversity, holds high achievement expectations, and motivates students to life-long learning.
A Place to Learn
A Place to Grow,
Woodley is Where We Go
To Become the Best, that
We Can Be
We’re a Window to the World
As You Can See
Parent and Community
Woodley Elementary School is a place where students, staff and community enjoy positive and safe surroundings, where students experience meaningful learning, and where all strive to reach their personal best in an environment of mutual acceptance.
At Woodley Elementary School, students and staff in collaboration with parents and community members will provide a safe, encouraging, and inspiring atmosphere for learning. Students will be provided opportunities to gain skills to be proficient and advances in literacy, math and technology while building character, establishing relationships, setting goals as lifelong learners, and becoming productive citizens in an ever-changing society. To teach and inspire; to reach and transform every student every year/day. Learning to live, living to learn. It takes a world of differences to make a difference in our world. Learning to live, living to learn.
- Academic and social achievements are enhanced when learning opportunities take place in a safe, healthy, nurturing environment.
- Every child learns best through the combined efforts of the school, the family, and the community.
- Character education promotes self-esteem, self-worth, respect for others, and responsibility for one’s own actions.
- School decisions and policies are made to ensure achievement, safety, and student success.
- Instructional approaches and assessments are varied to meet the unique needs of children.
These beliefs included in the Parent Involvement Policy have been jointly developed and agreed upon with the staff, families, and stakeholders. The policy will be evaluated and updated annually.