RULES ABOUT ACTS:
A) We want students who enter this show to exhibit their talent.
Talents might include (but are not limited to) singing, dancing, instrumental music, skits, magic, juggling.
B) No act will be considered if it does not meet the judges’ standards of appropriateness for school in terms of language, subject matter, and attire. Acts having ANY DOUBTS about the appropriateness of their material would be well advised to leave it out. When in doubt- leave it out. Please understand that what is seen on TV or in the movies is not necessarily appropriate in a school setting.
C) Acts are responsible for their own music, props and costumes. A CD player will be available. All students will need to bring their music to rehearsals. Any students singing will need to bring an instrumental copy of their song. This means only the music and not the other person singing. Chairs and tables will also be available. Although complete costumes and props are not necessary, the more complete and polished an act is, the greater chance it will have of winning the show.
D) Rehearsal Schedule: All acts are required to attend their assigned rehearsal times. Specific times and dates will be given after the acts have been chosen.
Monday, November 17th from 3:30-5:30
Tuesday, November 18th from 3:30-5:30
Dress Rehearsal: Wednesday, November, 19th from 3:30 to 5:30
(parent must arrive by 5:30 to pickup- no later, no exceptions.)
Final Performances on Thursday, November 20, 2013 at 5:30 in the Woodley Auditorium
E) Failure to attend your scheduled rehearsal or any of the scheduled rehearsals or the dress rehearsal -- except in the case of illness or extreme emergency -- will result in your being excluded from the show.
G) All acts are responsible for rehearsing and polishing on their own as well during the days we do not meet. All acts will be expected to attend all dress rehearsals after school with all props, costumes, etc.., In addition, all participants will practice doing their act as if it were a performance for an audience during all rehearsals. If the act has been changed from its original audition without prior permission, or if it is not adequately prepared, it will be dropped from the show.
1. All cast members must be available to
attend all assigned dates. Specific days will be allotted for rehearsal for certain acts.
2. Please plan on having your ride here following your
practices. We do ask that all students leave after their practices ON TIME.
3. Acts must be no more than 3 minutes in length. An act that
runs longer will be trimmed to the 3 minute maximum.
4. The show will be approximately one hour long. There will
be approximately 20 acts.
5. The maximum number of participates for ALL acts is 5
6. In all cases, decisions of the judges are final and will
not be open to discussion or debate.
7. The talent show is closed to anyone other than students
chosen; this includes relatives, friends, and other students. Only those who
auditioned can be in the performance; however everyone is welcome to attend the performance.
8. The show will be performed after the school day on Thursday, November 20th. Admission for parents, relatives, friends is $4 at the door. Pre-sale tickets will be avilable for $3 until 3:30 on the day of the performance. Children 3 and under are free. No exceptions.
9. Per the Woodley handbook, students must be in attendance at school in order to participate in an extracurricular activity. This includes all times slotted for the talent show. If you do not come to school, you cannot come to a rehearsal.
10. PARTICIPATION IS A PRIVILEGE!
students must maintain Woodley’s academic and behavior standards. Students who
do not maintain these standards will not be permitted to perform. The holding time before the performance can be a nerve wrecking time for some and those students who cannot sit quietly while waiting to perform will be asked to join their parents in the auditorium and will forfeit their place in the line-up and will not be able to perform. No refunds will be given.